Trade Secret Litigation
Our firm’s trade secret practice includes a multidisciplinary group of employment, commercial and tech-savvy litigators.
Understanding the intersection of competitive intelligence and business objectives, we help clients protect against trade secret theft – we recommend being proactive about evaluations and audits and routinely install or upgrade clients’ trade secret protection programs.
As needed, we remain ready to handle trade secret disputes and litigation. Our evaluation of existing trade secret programs may take the following approaches:
- Identification of relevant trade secret information by category and location
- Evaluation of applicable laws by geography for available protection and requirements or compliance concerns, including the Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 (DTSA) and state trade secrets laws
- Assessment of the client’s existing agreements and contracts, including employee handbooks, employment agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements and the like
- Audit of current practices and procedures, including recruiting and initiation of new employees, training of existing employees, exit interview of departing employees, access for visitors, and enforcement of known violations
- Development of recommendations based upon the results of this investigation for a corporate-wide intellectual property program, as well as site-specific protocols based upon applicable laws