Trusts & Estates Litigation
At Benton Williams PLLC, we handle complex will and trust contests for a broad range of clients. Trusts, estates, and fiduciary litigation is where a myriad of issues intersect, including fiduciary duties, tax law, real estate, and family businesses. As a result, it is critical for clients to entrust these legal matters with counsel they can rely upon at all times.
We maintain a deep and empathetic understanding of each client’s unique legal, financial, and commercial circumstances as well as their legal objectives for the near and long term. Whatever form those legal issues may take, our firm brings the appropriate experience to ensure our clients receive the highest quality legal services to ensure the most favorable outcome possible.
We have experience representing trustees, executors, personal representatives, and beneficiaries of trusts and estates. We have successfully litigated claims involving:
- Breach of fiduciary duty for or against fiduciaries and their agents
- Will and trust interpretation, construction, and reformation
- Charitable gifts
- Fiduciary fee disputes
- Disputed claims for and against estates and trusts
- Lack of mental capacity
- Fraud, duress and undue influence
- Spousal rights and elective share proceedings
- Determination of, and challenges to, heirship
- Actions or citations to recover assets.